One Health Research and Training Centre
One Health Research and Training Centre is an umbrella organization that acknowledges human health is inextricably linked to the health of animals and our common environment. One Health is not a new concept, but it has gained traction in recent years. This is because a variety of causes have altered how people, animals, plants, and our environment interact. With the new emerging diseases and pandemics threatening human health time and again health cannot be isolated from the environment and surrounding.
One Health Research and Training Center serves as the principal focus for all health research training and professional development needs. The One Health Research and Training Centre brings together a plethora of training resources from cooperating organizations, institutions, and networks, as well as evidence-based online sources.
Transferring knowledge and exchanging methods, processes and research findings between diseases, regions and organizations. Regional and online training, resources and professional development to build skills and careers that deliver evidence to change.
Consulting services, planning and delivering training and seminars, conducting independent research, identifying digital health solutions, and other creative health initiatives are some of our main areas of focus.
One Health’s vision is to be an umbrella organization that implements evidence-based practice that impacts on environment, human and animal health.
Our mission is to be able to train individuals to conduct good quality research that produces evidence that is reliable, ethical, and withstands criticism, allowing it to be utilized to guide policymaking.
Professionalism, transparency, accountability, and auditability should all be adhered to.
- To conduct research and study on health problems and topics that are currently being
addressed or are likely to be addressed in the future.
- To conduct programs and trainings workshops in health systems research methodology, research management and other fields of research.
- Conduct trainings and workshops on first aid, basic life support and trauma care to aware and educate general public.
- Publishing and archiving research related materials including publication of Research Journal ( Journal of International Health)
- Provide consultancy services and information in order to make health research studies and activities more valuable and accessible.